What makes us different than the rest, is our talented group of professionals who bring their passion to the table everyday. No idea is too small at Cobmex. Join our diverse team and grow your career with us today.
Interested in Cobmex?
You’ll fit right in.
We’re looking for dedicated, creative people to join us in making Cobmex even better. Is that you?
“When one first walks in the Cobmex office one can feel the positive energy in the air. The management team ensures that all of us are excited and engaged in our daily routine. For me, the trust and the opportunity to collaborate with customers and suppliers worldwide are priceless. I truly enjoy my work and being part of the Cobmex team.”
Sr. Product Developer and Technical Designer
“I enjoy the office atmosphere Cobmex provides along with it’s fun diverse group of employees. Cobmex strives to bring a positive work environment by consistently keeping up with staff morale and offering incentives for wellness. I’m proud of Cobmex’s success and continued growth and I’m fortunate to be a part of it.”
Client Care – Sr. Team Lead
We have the power today to change tomorrow!
“Where there is charity and wisdom, There is neither fear nor ignorance.”
– St. Francis of Assisi
Cobmex is seeking to hire a Production Manager who will be responsible for continuously improving quality, innovation, and efficiency in driving the end-to end manufacturing process for the company.
This role requires a strong background in strategic planning and sourcing, factory operations, contract negotiations and general operational business processes.
The ideal candidate must possess great analytical skills; be a self-starter, flexible thinker and outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities, organization levels and perspectives. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of supply chain best practices and be able to improve and optimize manufacturing operations on a large scale. Success will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional relationships with colleagues and then cultivate rigorous, well-communicated deliverables and facilitate impact year-to-year in minimizing costs.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directing a team of Production Coordinators and Auditors to ensure production is executed in a timely manner and to the required quality standards.
- Review Quality issues with the QA team to ensure they are corrected.
- Managing compliance Audits: Directing the compliance team to ensure that all factories are up to standards with respect to Ethical Compliance Audit requirements.
- Continually sourcing and developing existing and new relationships with vendors.
- Scheduling factory operations according to the machinery, capacity, trims, labour, and customer due dates.
- Daily follow up with factory partners to ensure that their production schedules are followed, as well as communicating any changes that might occur.
- Working closely with the factories to identify bottle necks and improve factory performance. Always looking at ways to save time and/or reduce raw material wastage in production (cost savings approach).
- Product Costing: working closely with both the sales team and the factories to ensure product costing is done in an efficient way making sure the target margins are achieved.
- Work closely with the production and sales department to track inventory levels in order to respond to the customer needs promptly.
- Customer Protocol Testing: managing internal and external testing protocols, while working alongside our vendors to ensure all technical and performance factors are met.
- Track and evaluate the sales, purchases, and stock worldwide within the management and product distribution department.
- Yarn and Raw Material Management: continuously track inventory levels to ensure all the factory needs are met in a timely manner. Place orders and follow up with each vendor as and when required.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Business degree in Business Management or similar.
- Minimum of 5+ years of people management and manufacturing leadership experience, to include four years in a senior management role in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of compliance law and regulations.
- Relevant certification would be an asset.
- Experience in creating organizational charts, reports, and other documents.
- Prioritizing and planning work activities to manage time efficiently while managing multiple projects.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & EFFORT
- Strong ability to source and analyze data to drive business strategies and decisions.
- Proven ability to understand and manage complex systems.
- A clear sense of urgency to achieve results. A “can-do”, “let’s make it happen” attitude.
- Ability to multi- task and work efficiently under pressure.
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in Spanish and advanced level of English is a must.
- Health benefits after 3 months
- Vacation 3 weeks
- Discretionary bonus